cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: modDAV incompatibility with Cocoon?
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2000 11:44:17 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> On 20/1/00 at 12:45 am, stefano@apache.org (Stefano Mazzocchi) wrote:
>
> >> It looks like Apache's modDAV has problems dealing with xml files when
> >> Cocoon 1.5 is activated. Errors are generated when trying to operate on an
> >> xml file from a remote WebDAV client like IE5.0.
> >
> >Uh, probably because all .xml requests are handled by Cocoon which does
> >not understand WebDAV headers.
>
> Just a suggestion ....
> Can you run one of the servers on a different port?

Hmmmm, yeah, maybe. I admit I'm not that WebDAV guru...anyway, I don't
know if M$ WebDAV clients are smart enough to understand that you can
have the web site on a port and the webdav server on another, accessing
the same files from a different perspective....

Anyone?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.