cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <moc...@exa.unicen.edu.ar>
Subject Re: Proposal - HTTP headers processor
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:17:54 GMT
Eric SCHAEFFER wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After a short discussion with Stefano, I send to you a proposal  for sending
> HTTP headers dynamically :
>
> I write a small processor (based on the code of the DCPProcessor class) that
> looks for a pi (mime is <?http-redirect href="..."?>) and if it finds it,
> sends an HTTP redirect header to the client and stops the Cocoon processing
> process.
> To stop Cocoon, my processor just returns 'null' (and I modified the Engine
> class to stop if null was returned).

> What do you think about such a processor ? It can be a good feature to add
> to Cocoon (I needed http redirect). I think that this processor could also
> send other HTTP headers (as expiration times by example).

   In my experience of OraclePLSQL Producer, I need this header:
WWW-authenticate: basic realm="String Realms"   (ask to user DB
username/password)
    Set-Cookie: "cookie spec"  (Definition of client side cookies)
   All header needs extra information like HTML page (probable a XML page
transformed to HTML page with XSL procesor).

> The only problem raised by this processor is the way to stop Cocoon. Stefano
> suggested me to use a 'StopProcessingSignal'. It's surelly better than
> returning 'null'...

> Eric.

   Marcelo.