cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Kovach <kkov...@goodyear.com>
Subject compiling cocoon
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2000 13:15:19 GMT
I seem to be quite close to getting everything to compile, with the
exception of a couple of classes. I have the latest of all the packages
as far as I can tell, and I have them all in my CLASSPATH. I wonder if
anyone might be able to tell if I'm missing something, or don't have the
correct version of something.The error i'm getting is:

Copying 2 files to /opt/src/xml-cocoon/build/src
Replacing @@version@@ --> 1.6
Replacing @@year@@ --> 1999-2000
Executing Target: compile
Compiling 3 source files to /opt/src/xml-cocoon/build/classes
/opt/src/xml-cocoon/build/src/org/apache/cocoon/parser/SunXMLParser.java:44:
class com.sun.xml.tree.XmlDocument is an abstract class. It can't be
instantiated.
        return new XmlDocument();
               ^
1 error
BUILD FATAL ERROR: Compile failed, messages should have been provided.

Thanks.

- Kevin