cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sitemap and Links...
Date Sun, 16 Jan 2000 22:44:43 GMT
Philippe Lavoie wrote:

> [...]

No, it means that once your request has been mapped to a processing
chain, this cannot change durint response generation.

Say, you map your request to

 fileproducer -> sqlprocessor -> xsltprocessor -> xsltprocessor ->
htmlformatter

once your request enters this, that's what it is.

This is to allow SAX pipes to be generated without event buffers in
between... I know it's hard... it's the "reactor" vs "Pipes and filters"
battle. And it's really hard to decide who wins... but I think reactors
are not that great...

> That's something I'm using with 1.5, the first xsl adds local
> menus, footer, etc. A general xsl applies sitewide information.
> The final xsl does the HTML output.

You create a pipe that does this and then map all the files that need
this pipe to it.

Simple.

Stefano.