cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Seth Ladd <shl6...@osfmail.isc.rit.edu>
Subject xsp sample failing
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:04:00 GMT
Hello,

I've searched the mailing list archives for the solution, since I think
I saw someone else who had this problem, but I couldn't find it.  I
appoligize if this has been covered before.

I am trying to run the sample XSP files that come with Cocoon CVS, but I
receive this error (printed dynamically to my browser from the Cocoon
engine)

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method normalize()V not
found
	at org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.normalize(ElementImpl.java:370)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(XSPJavaPreprocessor.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.process(XSPJavaPreprocessor.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.language.java.XSPJavaPreprocessor.preprocess(XSPJavaPreprocessor.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPTemplate.apply(XSPTemplate.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Cocoon.java, Compiled Code)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java, Compiled
Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServiceInvocationHandler.method(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleInvocation(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Context.handleRequest(Context.java, Compiled
Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(TcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)

To make sure I had everything right, I updated from CVS Xerces and
Cocoon and recompiled both.  The error remained.  Is this a known
problem?  Any hints or suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks,
Seth