cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: search engine
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2000 01:48:08 GMT
Jerm wrote:

> I was just thinking ....
>
> With an XML list of your site's files to play with, it could be possible to make
> an XSL that acts as a basic search engine for your site with Cocoon, using the
> document() function; if the XSL could receive parameters from the request.
>
> In XSP it would probably be even easier.
>
> Hmmmm ....

But I think it would be so slow... Being orthogonal to HTML, also, an
XML search engine should be able to work on different data, like, since
most of the DTDs are "site specific", working on the contexts where
keywords to search are found (If I look for a product called "FOOBAR" on
my site, the search engine might be "clever" enough to search the word
"foobar" in the <product> tag...)

	Pier