cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject [Proposal] New Cocoon Committer
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:53:38 GMT
People,

there are currently 4 people on this list that have commit access on the
CVS. These are:

- myself
- ricardo
- donald
- zvi

now, being this "open development", I want more people involved directly
in this project. Cocoon has a very strong modular framework that allows
very clean separation of working contexts. In fact, all four rarely
stepped on our respective toes. So I'm very happy about who things are
doing, but if we stop there, we're dead since sooner or later, each one
of us will be too busy to continue.

I know donald has been busy lately and Zvi, well, I honestly don't know
his status, but it doesn't matter.

I would like to propose Sam Ruby (rubys@us.ibm.com) as a new committer.
Sam has been recently voted to be the release manager for Jakarta
Tomcat, he's the guy that continues Ant development, the guy interested
in porting JSP under all possible scripting languages and the head of
the ECMAScript standardization effort.

Sam is a great guy and expressed interest to partecipate to Cocoon
actively on these fields:

- better Ant integration
- multilanguage support for XSP
- better Tomcat integration (where possible)

I think he's a great guy and very talented developer, also, he seems to
have a natural ability to deal with open source projects in a very
neutral and effective way.

So, give me a bunch of +1 :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.