cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cookies and Cocoon 1.6 and beyond
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2000 22:29:05 GMT
Ed Wolpert wrote:

> Folks-
>
>   Anyone know when cookies will be useable in the cocoon framework?
> (Cookies require the HttpServletResponse, which is not accessible by
> the Producers.) If they are not available in Cocoon 1.6, will it be
> available to use by 2.0? Thanks.

Well, kinda dirty, I know, but the response "is" available. :) but only
to processors.

  public Document process(Document document, Dictionary parameters)
    throws Exception
  {
    HttpServletRequest request =
      (HttpServletRequest) parameters.get("request");

    HttpServletResponse response =
      (HttpServletResponse) parameters.get("response");

I know it should be available to everyone, with output only available to
formatters, but for now, this is a hack that allows you to do something.

We have scheduled something better for future versions... (anyway
proposals are welcome)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.