cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Seth Ladd <shl6...@osfmail.isc.rit.edu>
Subject Re: Can't build latest Snapshot...
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2000 01:01:17 GMT

> Look. If I do:
>
> cvs checkout xml-xerces/java
> cd xml-xerces/java
> ant
> cvs checkout xml-xalan
> cd xml-xalan
> ant
> cvs checkout xml-cocoon
> cd xml-cocoon
> ant
>
> I do not have a single warning (but that problem that Steve found, which
> I fixed right away)

That's weird.  I *just* deleted all sources that I had, and did fresh
checkouts of all three packages, at around 7:45pm EST.  Using ant,
xerces compiled without a hitch.  I placed the .jar file into the
classpath, and went to compile xalan and cocoon.  Using ant, I
immediately get these errors now:

[sladd@bigbird xml-cocoon]$ java org.apache.tools.ant.Main
Buildfile: build.xml
Detected Java Version: 1.1
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Unimplemented interface method
        at org.apache.tools.ant.SunParser.parse(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(Compiled
Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Compiled Code)

I also, just to make sure, pulled down new ant archives from
jakarta-tools.  Still no luck.

Thanks,
Seth