cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon Name already in use?
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2000 23:36:59 GMT
Scott Sanders wrote:

> I agree. You should keep the name unless forced to change it.
> I like x-cocoon, or I could add a few suggestions to the mix ;-)
>
>     1.  INC (INC's Not Cocoon)
>     2.  The software product formerly known as Cocoon ;-)
>     3.  SCOTT - (Separate Content over Three Tiers) - My personal favorite
>     4.  STEFANO - Stefano's Tiered Electronic Framework As a Network of
> Objects
>     5.  GPF - Great Publishing Framework - Probably already trademarked...
>     6.  PIER - Publishing Infrastructure for Electronic Review
>     7.  ISIDIMJF - It Slices, It Dices, It Makes Julienne Friess...
>     8.  SITEMAP - Stefano's Internet Tiered Electronic Means for Automated
> Publishing

Know what? If we are forced to change it, I'll call it "Magma", being
the second name choice on the simple-sgml working group, the first one
was "XML" :)

> I din't mean to leave anyone out.  I was just having a little fun ,->

Don't call it Stefano or everybody will write it, spell it and pronounce
it differently from how I do... much like Linux :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.