cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Pogue <mpo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can't build latest Snapshot...
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2000 22:50:48 GMT
Here I am replying to my own email...I like to talk to myself!  :-)
I'm posting this here for those Cocoon developers who hit the Xerces
build problem in the latest daily snapshot of Xerces, and who do not
regularly read the Xerces developer mailing list.

I checked, and the break in last night's snapshot of Xerces-J has been
fixed as of today, and should not be a problem in the next snapshot.  Of
course, it's always possible that another problem will arise in the new
snapshot, but at least this one has been fixed.  I don't know when the
system will automatically create the next daily snapshot.

Reminder:  the daily snapshots out of CVS are likely to be much less
stable than the regular published tarballs.  If you choose to use them,
and you find a problem, please report it on the appropriate list, so
somebody can fix it right away...

There is only minimal testing done on the daily snapshots.  There is
lots of comprehensive testing, on many different OS/JDK/compiler
combinations (roughly 15-20 configurations for Xerces-J, 10 or so for
Xerces-C, if I remember right), done on the Xerces tarballs.

Thanks,
Mike