cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted" <...@gs2admin1.e-meet.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon Name already in use?
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2000 19:43:28 GMT
Had this problem before. We consulted our lawyers and they advised to
wait it out. If the owners complain, then change it. If not, keep it.

It also happened to us the other way 'round. The first course of action
was a friendly warning from us that the name was trademarked and in the
same domain as our activities. They sent us back a note that they would
stop using it.

I would use "xcocoon" if forced to change, to retain the flavor of XML,
XSL, XSP (plus, literally, it is now ex-cocoon if you change it:-)

Ted