cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XSP Status?
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2000 13:06:53 GMT
James & Sue Ann Birchfield wrote:

> I agree as well.  I compiled, installed and configured
> 1.6-Dev and played with the XSP stuff tonight.  Awesome!!
>
> Great job guys.  If only I could work more on this stuff
> at work, I would love to pitch in more.  The XSP Primer
> is excellent as well.  I can't wait to see this progress.
>
> SpeciX-Mozilla-Status: 0009.:)

Ricardo and I agreed to remove the xbean taglib for now, to gain more
feedback and not to tie you to something that is probably going to
change very much in the future.

The taglibs included in Cocoon 1.6-dev are to be considered
EXPERIMENTAL, in the sense that we do not have a clue on how a taglib
should work (nor the JSP people, BTW).

We'll work parallel to the Sun folks on this area, and I would also love
you guys to move your SQL/LDAP/Mail processors into XSP taglibs, which
is the way this should be done.

Don't worry, it will take a while for people to get the XSP idea
alltogether, but it's going to happen. Trust me :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.