cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sitemap and Links...
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2000 19:30:15 GMT
Brett McLaughlin wrote:

> [...]
> Have you ever read an XML schema where the type of an element was
> specified about 100 lines away from the element definition?  I have, and
> it _sucks_.  [...]

I agree on that... Having macros to define how the Sitemap is created,
maybe eases the problems we have with verbosity, but surely complicates
how things are done.
Also, these macros look A LOT like XSLT. If we REALLY need something
like that, I would prefer to have a sitemap created by an XSLT
transformation... Like StyleBook does right now: It's complicated, but
it's the most powerful thing I've seen. (Let's consider it as our last
option :)

	Pier