cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Magic version of Sun's XML parser?
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2000 22:08:56 GMT
Kevin Sonney wrote:

> OK, for various and sundry reasons, I'd like to try ProjectX TR2 as my
> Parser.
>
> Er, whcih TR2 should I be using? I'm unable to get Cocoon to compile with
> Jakarta's projectx-tr2.jar *OR* xml.jar from Sun's website. I even tried
> jaxp.jar, but no luck. The error durring build is :
>
> /usr/src/xml-cocoon/build/src/org/apache/cocoon/parser/SunXMLParser.java:44:
> class com.sun.xml.tree.XmlDocument is an abstract class. It can't be
> instantiated.
>         return new XmlDocument();
>                ^
> 1 error
>
> Thoughts?

Try using IBM Jikes or Javac from JDK 1.3 and it works. It appears a bug
in javac but I was not able to reproduce it. Anyway, I had the exact
same problem, but magically went away.

I'm using JDK 1.2.2 with latest projectx from developer.java.sun.com

Anyway, I can guarantee you that XmlDocument is not abstract.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.