cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jindent
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2000 17:17:22 GMT
Brett McLaughlin wrote:

> mclinden@informed.net wrote:
> >
> > I would argue that it should not be used at all. Jindent is not available
> > under
> > an Open Source licensing agreement. Furthermore, the notice on their web
> > site says that they are free to revoke the license at any time. Seems to
> > me
> > that including it as a required file for Cocoon unnecessarily restricts
> > Cocoon redistribution as a consequence.
>
> Sean-
>
>         I agree with you in concept, and hopefully Ricardo will do just that;
> however, until Cocoon can be built without the Jindent stuff, I think it
> should be noted that it is needed and where to get it. Otherwise, people
> can't build Cocoon, and many won't be as determined as I to get it
> working, so they'll just not use it :-(
>         So until it's removed, I think we should add the instructions.  But
> yes, the license sucks, so what say you, Ricardo and Stefano?

Does any of you know a good java pretty printer that we can use?

True, since the code is machine generated and machine eaten, in theory,
there is not much problem, but you know.., when you make mistakes in
logicsheets it's kind of hard to track them. Having the result source
code well formatted helps a great deal.

I have a solution that I also used with Ant: reflection. If you call the
"jindent.JIndent" class it will use it without requiring hardwired
compilation. And if you don't use it, you don't care anyway (it's turned
off by default).

What do you think?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.