cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <moc...@exa.unicen.edu.ar>
Subject Re: post requests
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2000 17:09:46 GMT
Jerm wrote:

> Dear All.
>
> Has anyone thought about how people who are serving sites via Cocoon
> will handle post requests that require xml (or other) file writing, database
> modification, or XML node addition and modification to existing XML files on the
> server?
>
> Is this something that should be integrated into Cocoon?
> If so how?
>
> Or should this be handled by traditional servelet/cgi etc?
>
> I would personally love the symmetry .... flowing html (form content) back
> through my server via XSL into XML .... closes the loop.
>
> regards Jeremy

   I wrote a new Producer for Cocoon 1.5 which interact with Oracle Database,
OWSKiller Project (http://owskiller.penguin.cz/).   This project is an Servlet
Engine which emulate Oracle Application Server PLSQL Cartridge and provide Cocoon
Integration for supporting full XML generation in DB, also
allowing content, logic and stylesheet on different XML part and uses XSL
transformation capabilities to merge them.
   There are simplest demo page in
http://www1.exa.unicen.edu.ar/~mochoa/OWSKiller/demos/, this show how to generate
XML dynamic content and how to send params by POST method to servlet engine.
   Best Regards, Marcelo.