cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pierpaolo Fumagalli <p...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jindent
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2000 15:41:07 GMT
mclinden@informed.net wrote:

> I would argue that it should not be used at all. Jindent is not available
> under
> an Open Source licensing agreement. Furthermore, the notice on their web
> site says that they are free to revoke the license at any time. Seems to
> me
> that including it as a required file for Cocoon unnecessarily restricts
> Cocoon redistribution as a consequence.

We should ask them to modify their licensing :) In the home page they
underline the fact that JIndent is "freeware". If someone makes them
understand the power and beauty of open-source, maybe we could get it
even with a BSDish license :)

Anyone volunteers to write them a very very long E-Mail?

	Pier