cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Bray <tb...@textuality.com>
Subject Re: Content-length
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2000 07:02:59 GMT
At 01:54 AM 1/24/00 -0500, Donald Ball wrote:
>HTTP keep-alives. I say we put it in right now for 1.6.1/1.7. When we
>change page generation strategies, we can always take it out again. For
>now, though, it's a no-brainer optimization.

D'oh... blush.

but keep an eye on it [once spent a solid day tracking down weird behavior
caused by subtly incorrect C-L in dynamically generated pages].

Just dawned on me...  I suspect that the proportion of web
sites that actually send Content-Length is right now falling steadily as
things like ASP and coldfusion and PHP get brought into play.  Hmmm -T.