cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Williams, Murray Todd" <murray_willi...@merck.com>
Subject RE: ApacheJServ-1.1-1.RH6x.i386.rpm Incompatibility
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2000 11:58:58 GMT
Something tricky is going on.  I built an RPM spec file from scratch and the
same thing happened to me.  This is going to be one of those bugs that
drives me crazy.  I will let you know when I find anything.  Thanks for
posting.  I hate it when I think I'm the only person for which something
crazy is going on.

Murray

> ----------
> From: 	sascha.mueller@fh-koeln.de[SMTP:sascha.mueller@fh-koeln.de]
> Reply To: 	cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
> Sent: 	Thursday, January 20, 2000 11:36 AM
> To: 	cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
> Subject: 	Re: ApacheJServ-1.1-1.RH6x.i386.rpm Incompatibility
> 
> 
> 
> "Williams, Murray Todd" schrieb:
> > 
> > I'm currently on the mission to build RPM packages for xalan, xerces and
> > Cocoon so that I can install everything quickly and guarantee a running
> > configuration from the get-go.  There are a lot of computers around here
> > (everyone has a laptop and a desktop and a home machine and I wanted
> > consistancy and ease of installation).
> > 
> > Anyway, I was using the ApacheJServ-1.1-1.RH6x.i386.rpm package that's
> > posted on the http://java.apache.org website.  When I installed and
> > configured everything, Cocoon wouldn't do anything!  To make a long
> story
> > short: the "ApJServAction .xml" line wasn't doing anything at all.  If I
> > tried to browse an .xml file (including the base Cocoon.xml) I'd either
> get
> > the .xml file downloaded straight (without intervention) or in the case
> of
> > Cocoon.xml it would complain that there was no
> /home/httpd/html/Cocoon.xml
> > file.
> > 
> > I checked for any error logs or other diagnostic messages and there were
> > none.  In addition, I tried changing the "ApJServAction" line to point
> to a
> > non-existant servlet and THEN tried to browse an .xml file again.  No
> > errors.  It would just do a download of the xml file.  I tried the same
> > trick with a hand-installed machine (hand-built JServ and and earlier
> > Cocoon) and I got the "Servlet Not Found" error I was expecting.
> > 
> > I also got the same behavior from the beta1, beta2 and beta3 RPMs that
> were
> > on the same site.
> > 
> > I'm now going to build my own ApacheJServ-1.1 RPM for internal uses.  I
> just
> > figured I'd pass this note along in case there are any newbies who can't
> > seem to get things working. Also, if anyone is on an Apache JServ
> mailing
> > list, it'd be nice if someone would pass this note along.  I'm already
> on 10
> > mailing lists and don't have the mental-bandwidth to join another.
> > 
> > If anyone's interested in my RPMs when I get finished, let me know and
> I'll
> > post a link.
> > 
> > Regards,
> > 
> > Murray Todd Williams
> 
> 
> Thanks a lot !!
> I have the same problem. But now I stop wasting my time with trying out
> different config-settings.
> I am interested in your Apache Jserv RPM, so let me know when you are
> ready.
> 
> Thanks
> Sascha
> 

Mime
View raw message