cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Corda, Ugo" <Ugo.Co...@usa.xerox.com>
Subject RE: modDAV incompatibility with Cocoon?
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2000 21:01:38 GMT
My colleague John Stidd just set up two Apache virtual hosts (same Apache
instance) listening to two different ports (80 for WebDAV, and 8080 for
Cocoon). It seems to work just fine for both Cocoon and WebDAV operating on
the same xml file. The httpd.conf file was changed by adding the following
lines:

Listen 80
Listen 8080
<VirtualHost IPaddr:8080>
ApJServAction .xml /servlets/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
</VirtualHost>

In this configuration, Cocoon requests only need to specify the 8080 port
number in the URL. No special setting is required for WebDAV on the client
side.

Apache also supports separate virtual hosts with different host names, in
addition to virtual hosts with different port numbers, but we thought that
having different host names would be more disrupting from the point of view
of name services, etc.

I am glad that Cocoon can work with WebDAV running at the same time, since
WebDAV might be a preferred method for authors to submit new documents to
the Cocoon publishing environment and to manage existing documents.

It is still not clear to me, though, what would happen if the server was
some other servlet-enabled HTTP server without Apache's virtual hosts
capability.

Ugo