cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Fleming <tflem...@ids-software.com>
Subject Personalization Server [was: RE: Happy to be wrong!]
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2000 18:18:28 GMT
I realize this is a bit off topic but it was touched on in the
message below.  If it generates enough interest we can move the
discussion elsewhere.

As the note below mentions, web sites are increasingly dynamic and
personalized.  The personalization is both explicit, where the user
can define the kinds of information they want to see, and implicit,
where server-based rules pick relevant content based on previous
requests, demographics (to the extent know), etc. of the user.  The
ATG Dynamo "Personalization Server" is an example that fills this
need.

Is there any interest in an open-source project to address this need?

Tim