cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Muench" <smue...@us.oracle.com>
Subject Re: Happy to be wrong!
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:07:29 GMT
| Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus wrote:
| >
| > > A smart E-XSLT engine should _not_ perform stylesheet compilation (which
| > > may be helpful but no that much), but do _page_ compilation.
| >
| > Sorry, can you explain "page compilation" a little more?
|
| I believe you can translate any XML document into Java Code...
| Basically you can translate a XML document into a class that generates
| (for example) SAX events...

Pier,

Would the claim then be that an XML document converted
into Java code that fires SAX events runs faster than
a SAX Parser parsing that file and firing the same
events? I haven't tested this, so this is purely
wondering if the claim is based on some tests someone
has done on the matter...

Thanks.
Steve Muench, Consulting Product Manager & XML Evangelist
Business Components for Java Development Team
http://technet.oracle.com/tech/java
http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml