cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ross Burton" <bur...@dcs.kcl.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Different problem compiling 1.6-dev
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2000 22:34:15 GMT
Tonight I (tried to) rebuild Cocoon with the lastest Xerces and Xalan for
XSP (Xalan refused to compile...) but I hit upon the old problem of Ant
trying to compile classes for packages I don't have, such as XT or FESI
ECMAscript.

Stefano, you said not long ago:

> Things to do:
> 1) add classpath reacting capabilities to Ant: if the given class is
> present in the classpath, then compile the support for it, otherwise
> skip without errors. This is to allow you people to rebuild Cocoon.jar
> without having all the above stuff in your classpath.

Is this happening?  In my opinion XSP and The Legendary Sitemap are far
better targets for you coding time :-) but do the Ant team know we would
like this ability?

BTW: for much faster compiling with Ant, rebuild Ant.jar (the jar in the CVS
tree seems out of date) and in build.xml, change this line:

  <property name="build.compiler" value="classic"/>

  <property name="build.compiler" value="jikes"/>

Ross Burton
IT'z Interactive

PROGRAM: n.  a magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn one's
input into error messages.  v.t.  to engage in a pastime similar to banging
one's head against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.

Slipstream: http://come.to/slipstream
The Culture: http://come.to/theculture
ICQ: 5167146