cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Davies" <pdav...@cgocable.net>
Subject Re: Cocoon Name already in use?
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2000 16:02:16 GMT
From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <stefano@apache.org>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2000 7:06 AM
Subject: Re: Cocoon Name already in use?

> John Morrison wrote:
> >
> > A colleague of mine found this site on the newgroups.  I think it has
prior
> > claim the the name...
> >
> > http://www.stratasys.com/software/cocoon/
> >
> > Comments?
>
> Ricardo told me about it last week. Well, what can I do... we can always
> refer to Apache Cocoon, but I don't think this is a problem.

Probably the only way to determine if there is any infringement is for
Apache Foundation to file for the name as a trademark, the usual procedure.
Then the U.S. Registry Office conducts its search and makes the final
determination as to terms and entitlements.

P.S. Should (at last) be back on that SMIL app later today, incidentally.
:-)

best,
Paul