cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeff Sonstein" <je...@tlg.net>
Subject X3D transformation testing
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2000 18:42:24 GMT
hey there Don or anyone else...
please help me to figure out what is going wrong

I downloaded the following
from the web3d machine onto elmer
[and into browseable directories]

  http://elmer.iz.net/Web3D/latest-brutzman.dtd
  http://elmer.iz.net/Web3D/AllVrml97Nodes.xml
  http://elmer.iz.net/Stylesheets/X3dToVrml97.xsl

I added the following as lines 2 and 3 of AllVrml97Nodes.xml:

<?xml-stylesheet href="http://elmer.iz.net/Stylesheets/X3dToVrml97.xsl"  type="text/xsl"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>

to point it to the right stylesheet
and to give it the required cocoon directive

when my web browser hits the AllVrml97Nodes.xml file
the output I get back has the following 2 problems:

1) a DOCTYPE declaration and something else
   get pre-pended onto the returned almost-WRL file (boo-hoo)

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/RED-html40/strict.dtd">
<xslp:result><!-- xslp:result has been added, because nodes were being added to the
result tree, but no document element was
present. XSLT result tree's must be well-formed.  -->

   and is followed by almost-correct VRML97 (hoo-rah!)

   gotta clue as to what is the problem might be?

2) I removed the "<!DOCTYPE" and "<xslp:result>" lines from the beginning
   and saved it to:

  http://elmer.iz.net/Web3D/test.wrl

  to show you problem 2...
  gotta clue why the quotation-marks seem to have been eaten??
  [makes the VRML not work quite right  ;^]

I am *totally* new to XSLT
so any clues are appreciated
so I can figure out what is me not understanding Cocoon [one learning curve]
and what is me not understanding XLS-Transformations [another learning curve]

thanks
jeffs

--
Jeff Sonstein, M.A.     http://ariadne.iz.net/