cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wolff <wo...@rsv.ricoh.com>
Subject Re: DOM
Date Thu, 09 Dec 1999 02:05:56 GMT
As I understand it, DOM level 1 does not allow you to copy nodes from one
tree to another.  Elements of document DOM_b have to be created using the
factory method provided by DOM_b.  We "solved" this problem by extending our
own implementation of the DOM to allow for nodes to be copied between
documents.  DOM level 2 (currently a working draft) includes an importNode
method on documents which does what you want.  (Any software support for
level 2 yet?)

-Greg