cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From st...@rsv.ricoh.com (Stephen R. Savitzky)
Subject Re: XSP, taglibs and separation [was Re: Different Processors]
Date Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:39:27 GMT
Donald Ball <balld@webslingerZ.com> writes:

> On 16 Dec 1999, Stephen R. Savitzky wrote:
>
> > The nice thing about the PIA's tags is that you can use them to represent
> > programming logic using the same XML meta-syntax as your data.  XSLT already
> > does this: a stylesheet expresses algorithms, it just isn't a complete
> > language.  The PIA's tags simply provide an alternative to the XSLT tags
> > that is:
> >
> >   1. a complete language, with arithmetic and string processing as well as
> >      tree processing and formatting.

 [...]

> OH! I understand what PIA is now. Sounds pretty cool. Me, personally, I
> think I like the XSLT/XSP approach better, but I can't see any reason why
> cocoon wouldn't be a great vehicle for PIA. If you just wrote a PIA
> processor for cocoon, you'd be good to go. Or am I missing something?

I don't think so.  It will take us some time to get up to speed on the
cocoon internals, but it ought to work.  I'm looking forward to comparing
the two languages.

--
Stephen R. Savitzky  <steve@rsv.ricoh.com>  <http://rsv.ricoh.com/~steve/>
Platform for Information Applications:      <http://RiSource.org/PIA/>