cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From j....@t-online.de (Juergen Hermann)
Subject Re: FESI.jslib.* imports
Date Tue, 07 Dec 1999 12:31:39 GMT
On Tue, 07 Dec 1999 00:44:41 +0100, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>I'm working to make a better build file, but I'm not sure _how_ to allow
>Cocoon to be built without throwing errors if the required packages are
>not in the classpath.
>
>Well, I do have a solution, but it requires reflection which is not the
>cleanest/fastest thing to do...

My built file I sent some time ago did that (and that was the reason it
was relatively complicated). But it was semi-automatic, by checking
whether the path to certain libs was set or not.

>What do you think?

I can't judge how much work it'll be, but in the long run separating
the optional source from the core source seems the best way to me.
Although it is much work NOW, it allows the painless addition of
options later. It would require a change in source layout like this...

org/apache/cocoon/Cocoon.java // only source file on this level
org/apache/cocoon/core/Browsers.java, cache, compiler, ...
org/apache/cocoon/options/processor/xslt/XTProcessor.java

This structure would allow easy ntegration with Ant's project model and
recursive operations.

Another option is to extend Ant in a way which allows "exclusion lists"
to be established for the copy operations. If possible, that is the
best way.
--
Juergen Hermann, Karlsruhe, Germany | http://www.schiele-ct.de/jh | IRC: SNIBRIL