cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Clark C. Evans" <clark.ev...@manhattanproject.com>
Subject Re: An internal processor architecture for Cocoon2 ?
Date Wed, 29 Dec 1999 03:23:20 GMT
On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> 2) move everything to SAX: reduced memory usage, faster
> operation, but higher energy gap to write applications.

Yes, and, we can layer everything else on top of
it beacuse it's rather "low-level".  It'd be easy
to provide a "producer wrapper" which provides
for other options.

The Ricoh PIA system also looks like it could
be provided as a processor architecture.

> SAX will be used as the transport for Cocoon2, this
> is, in my mind, rock solid at this point.

Sounds good.

> There will be ways to wrap your own components
> (producer, processor, etc...) with SAX2DOM and
> DOM2SAX adapters that will be provided to you.

Yes.  This the way to go.

Best,

Clark