cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject RE: Type in Documentation..
Date Fri, 17 Dec 1999 05:14:27 GMT
On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Jeff Sonstein wrote:

> > Doesn't work so swift for Win32 and Mac folks. Ant is being positioned as
> > the cross-platform successor to make, at least for Java programs.
>
> could someone point me towards a URL about Ant?

Uh, you mean, documentation? Ha. We're way too cool for documentation
here.

Seriously, ant is part of the jakarta project (jakarta.apache.org),
specifically in the jakarta-tools repository, though I believe it's going
to be spun off into its own apache.org project. Documentation at this
point I think consists of the build.xml files for jakarta, xerces, and
cocoon, and the source code for ant itself. I'm not an ant expert though,
so I don't know for sure.

- donald