cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Different Processors
Date Wed, 15 Dec 1999 20:19:55 GMT
On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Steve Muench wrote:

> The thing that would matter would be
> the namespace *URI* you pick, not the
> namespace prefix. Similar to the "xsl"
> namespace prefix, the three letters
> "xsl" are the conventional prefix but
> it will work just fine if you do:

>     <foobar:for-each select="ROWSET/ROW">
>       :
>     </foobar:for-each>
>
> if someone's already using "sql" as a prefix
> they can just use any other convenient prefix
> as long as they get your namespace URI right...

Sure, I get that, I was just trying to figure out how SQLProcessor is
going to figure out which namespace it's going to be using. I guess it can
look for the xmlns:foo pseudoattribute of the top-level document tag and
see which value matches itself. That would be nice to build into
an AbstractProcessor class to make sure everyone does this properly.

- donald