cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sonney <ke...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Type in Documentation..
Date Mon, 13 Dec 1999 21:43:23 GMT
On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Donald Ball wrote:
> Uh. What files actually care about platform dependent newline characters?
> I mean, sure, I'll do it, but if all we have is XML files, java files, and
> a README or two, what does it matter? Anyway, the "problem" exists with
> JAR files too, right?

Yes, yes it does.

I was wondering wht files are problematic as well - then I realized that
it isn't typically the files, but the programs on win32 that care. Notepad
hates Unix <EOL> characters. Wordpad is OK with them, as is TextPad,
VAJava, and most other things.

All I've ever seen on *nix is an extra line displayed - and since I don't
use Win* unless I have to anymore, it's usually a non-issue.

> shouldn't be hard to install on locus... :)

Probably already is on locus. I'd vote for letting the CVS server handle
it if it can. cron jobs and cvs triggers can be wonderous things <grin>.

Plus it makes "nightly builds" possible as well.

--
- Kevin Sonney
  kevin@webslingerZ.com