cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject more data on trouble compiling 1.6-dev
Date Thu, 09 Dec 1999 09:34:13 GMT
I just rebuilt ant from scratch with some stacktrace debugging (though
it took a long time to track down a problem with the default
parser.properties that gets included with ant's build) and now get this
when I try to build cocoon:

[balld@akira xml-cocoon]$ java org.apache.tools.ant.Main
Buildfile: build.xml
Detected Java Version: 1.2
Project base dir set to: /home/balld/src/xml-cocoon
BUILD CONFIG ERROR: Could not create task of type: stylebook due to
java.lang.NullPointerException
org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException: Could not create task of type:
stylebook due to java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.createTask(Project.java, Compiled
Code)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureTasks(ProjectHelper.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureTargets(ProjectHelper.java:218)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configureProject(ProjectHelper.java:136)

ant _will_ build itself, though, so I figure this is a problem with
cocoon's build.xml file. When I remove the <stylebook> tags, I get a
little further:

[balld@akira xml-cocoon]$ java org.apache.tools.ant.Main
Buildfile: build.xml
Detected Java Version: 1.2
Project base dir set to: /home/balld/src/xml-cocoon
Executing Target: prepare
Created dir: /home/balld/src/xml-cocoon/build
Executing Target: compile
Created dir: /home/balld/src/xml-cocoon/build/src
Created dir: /home/balld/src/xml-cocoon/build/classes
Copying 85 files to /home/balld/src/xml-cocoon/build/src
Replacing @@version@@ --> 1.6-dev
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException:
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Replace.execute(Replace.java:96)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.execute(Target.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java, Compiled
Code)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:346)

Hmm...

- donald