cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: Compiling 1.6_dev
Date Thu, 09 Dec 1999 07:45:37 GMT
On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Brett McLaughlin wrote:

> > > Am I mssing something obvious here?
> >
> > Yes, sorry. You need OpenXML 1.1-build5 (at least)
>
> OK, I got that working... I still get the following compilation errors:
>
> ..\..\..\..\dev\xml-cocoon\src\org\apache\cocoon\producer\ProducerFromMap.ja
> va:90: parse(org.xml.sax.InputSource) in org.apache.cocoon.parser.Parser
> cannot be applied to (java.io.InputStreamReader,java.lang.String)
>   Document sitemap = parser.parse(new InputStreamReader(new
> FileInputStream(sitemap_file)),sitemap_path);
>                                          ^
> ..\..\..\..\dev\xml-cocoon\src\org\apache\cocoon\producer\ProducerFromMap.ja
> va:124: parse(org.xml.sax.InputSource) in org.apache.cocoon.parser.Parser
> cannot be applied to (java.io.InputStreamReader,java.lang.String)
>    Document document = parser.parse(new InputStreamReader(new
> FileInputStream(file)),"");

Whoops, that's mine that I uploaded just so Stefano could take a look at
it. Silly me, I didn't think that Ant would pick it up like that. You can
feel free to nuke it, I wrote it originally for 1.5, haven't tested it
with 1.6, and it's obviously behind on the parser interface changes.

> ..\..\..\..\dev\xml-cocoon\src\org\apache\cocoon\EngineWrapper.java:95:
> org.apache.cocoon.EngineWrapper$HttpServletRequestImpl should be declared
> abstract; it does not define removeAttribute(java.lang.String) in
> org.apache.cocoon.EngineWrapper$HttpServletRequestImpl
>     public class HttpServletRequestImpl implements HttpServletRequest {
>            ^
> ..\..\..\..\dev\xml-cocoon\src\org\apache\cocoon\EngineWrapper.java:177:
> org.apache.cocoon.EngineWrapper$HttpServletResponseImpl should be declared
> abstract; it does not define setBufferSize(int) in
> org.apache.cocoon.EngineWrapper$HttpServletResponseImpl
>     public class HttpServletResponseImpl implements HttpServletResponse {

Are you using a later version of the JSDK than 2.0? If so, that's probably
it. Just add dummy methods to EngineWrapper:HttpServletRequestImpl if you
don't mind that conform to the signatures above (or methods that actually
perform the operations in question if you're so inclined!)

- donald