cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: No output from SQLProcessor
Date Tue, 07 Dec 1999 07:35:57 GMT
On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Alexander Leschinsky wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> 
> I am new to using cocoon, so perhaps this is a silly question.
> I managed to cocoon and use it with Apache 1.3.9 on Solaris 2.6, Jserv
> 1.1b3. I experimented with some xml/xsl-files and all worked fine.
> 
> My problem is that I donīt get an sql-connection running. When I change
> the parameters in the example database.xml to our mysql-connection
> (which is working fine in a bunch of servlets) I donīt get any
> database-generated output, just the framework the xsl-file produces
> around the (non-present) data.

Sure, it's quite likely that you're failing to connect to the database for
some reason or your configuration data is flawed in some fashion.
Suggestions:

1. Make sure the mysql JDBC drivers are available to cocoon

2. Make sure you can connect to the mysql user using the dburl, username,
and password listed in the file from the servlet engine's machine

3. Make sure the <connection name="foo"> and <query connection="foo">
attribute values match up.

4. Look in your servlet engine's error logs for any interesting info, e.g.
line numbers in the source code that you can line up

5. Mail in your XML file so's I can look at it

6. Check out the latest SQLProcessor from CVS. 1.5 has some known bugs
that are patched in CVS.

- donald


Mime
View raw message