cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject Re: How to do formatting of dates and times with SQLProcessor
Date Mon, 06 Dec 1999 05:32:34 GMT
On Sun, 5 Dec 1999, Ian Kallen wrote:

> How about having the formats use the strftime tradition?  It's used in
> lots of other places, so FWIW I'd rather see
>          <column name="date1" format-type="date" format="%Y-%m-%d">
> ...since it's familiar.

If you can give me a java class that has a method that takes in a string
in this format and a date and gives me a formatted date, I might build in
support for it, or at least make it easily extensible. However, since the
class and syntax I'm using is included with the JDK (see SimpleDateFormat
class) and is as rich if not richer than the good ol' strftime syntax, I
doubt anyone's bothered to write such a formatter...

- donald