cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>
Subject How to do formatting of dates and times with SQLProcessor
Date Fri, 03 Dec 1999 05:31:58 GMT
Hi guys. I'm trying to figure out how to configure SQLProcessor to format
dates and times nicely. The naive approach would be something like this:

<query date-format="yyyy-MM-dd" time-format="hh:mm:ss"
timestamp-format="yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss">

but suppose you have more than one date column and you want to specify
different formats for the different columns? One of my local users
suggested this:

<query>
 <date-format>yyyy-MM-dd</date-format>
 <date-format column="other_column_name">MMM d, yyyy</date-format>
</query>

which might work, but it's a break from the tradition of putting all
resultset configuration options in the query element. It does, however,
greatly simplify setting column-specific options. Does anyone have either
an argument to make for one of these options or an alternate suggestion?

- donald