cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Type in Documentation..
Date Tue, 14 Dec 1999 10:24:50 GMT
On 14/12/99 at 12:45 am, stefano@apache.org (Stefano Mazzocchi) wrote:

>Anyway is "friendly" to have two distributions, maybe three as well for
>MacOS people, with the right formatted files.

That is a nice idea, though to be honest with you, I have had no problems with the standard
distributions so far.

The main problem MacOS users get with Java distributions IMHO is with filename lengths exceeding
32 chars, particularly with regard to files in API Docs and Inner Classes. (This has not been
a problem so far with Cocoon).

The next common problem MacOS users get is when a particular package requires command line
opperation (maybe for setting up or compiling), particularly when it is assumed that filename
wildcards are available.

Hope this helps

Jeremy

      Jeremy Quinn                                             media.demon
                                                           webSpace Design
     <mailto:jeremy@media.demon.co.uk>       <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
      <phone:+44.[0].207.737.6831>          <pager:jermq@sms.genie.co.uk>