cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Sitemap and Links...
Date Thu, 30 Dec 1999 19:43:48 GMT
Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> Let's start with an example: we have a web server called "www.foo.bar"
> and on that web server Cocoon handles all requests under the "/cocoon"
> uri path.
>
> We have this sitemap:
>
> <sitemap>
>   <process uri="*.html" translate="/home/www/sources/*.xml">
>     <producer name="file"/>
>     <filter name="xslt">
>       <param name="stylesheet" value="/home/www/doc2html.xsl"/>
>     </filter>
>     <serializer name="html"/>
>   </process>
>
>   <read uri="graphic/*.jpg" translate="/home/www/images/*.jpg"/>
> </sitemap>
>
> In /home/www/sources/ we have two files (doc-1.xml and doc-2.xml) and in
> /home/www/images/ we have one image (picture.jpg).
>
> This sitemap tells that:
> for this http request                    the "source" is
> http://www.foo.bar/cocoon/doc-1.html     /home/www/sources/doc-1.xml
> http://www.foo.bar/cocoon/doc-2.html     /home/www/sources/doc-2.xml
> http://www.foo.bar/cocoon/picture.jpg    /home/www/images/picture.jpg

There's a problem with ambiguity here. Since you use the translation
both ways, it could be impossible to work out the URL from the "source",
which you need to do your URL translation magic below (that is, if two
URLs map to the same source file but with different filters, then you
are sunk).

Cheers,

Ben.

http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html