cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: VRMLFormatter
Date Tue, 28 Dec 1999 23:15:37 GMT
James & Sue Ann Birchfield wrote:

> Is anyone working on a VRMLFormatter?
> I was working today and threw one together.
> If no one is working on one, I can give post
> the code and people can make use of/enhance it
> as needed.  If someone is, who?  I am need of
> one now, and didn't find it.  And I noticed
> that one was removed from the CVS repository.
>
> I am using the 1.5 release, so if one is in the 1.6
> release, this may be a mute point.

There is a problem in creating a VRML formatter in current Cocoon
architecture since you can't use the DOM to pass pure text from the XSLT
to the formatter.

A way is to do something like

<vrml>
</vrml>

and then have the formatter stip it out. but it's very dirty.

The VRML formatter was removed (as should the text formatter) since it
doesn't work and you need architectural changes to make it work. But
we'll get there, I promise :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.