cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brett McLaughlin <bmcla...@algx.net>
Subject Re: Possible bug?
Date Tue, 28 Dec 1999 20:29:41 GMT

jsrbirch@netmail.home.com wrote:

> I am trying the following, and it doesn't seem to follow the reomendation:
>
> -XML-
> <hits>24</hits>
>
> -XSL-
> <xsl:variable name="height" select="hits*.5"/>
> <xsl:value-of slect="$height"/>

I'm assuming you actually have:

<xsl:value-of select="$height"/>

(where select is spelled correctly?)

-Brett

> The above resturns empty for the value-of statement.  According to what I read in the
recommendation, the above should work.  Am I understanding it correctly?  I need to do some
very low level expression handling, such as the above to do proper positioning within a VRML
output.  If I am off, will somebody point me the right direction?  If not, can this be looked
into?  I am not sure if Cocoon uses Xalan or not.  If they do, maybe we can address it with
them as well.