cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brett McLaughlin <bmcla...@algx.net>
Subject Re: Cocoon and Tomcat
Date Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:35:24 GMT
Wolfgang Werner wrote:

> Hi Brett,
>
> thanks for your response. I've downloaded the last cvs snapshot
> from today and - voila - Cocoon answers for the url
>
> http://localhost/examples/servlet/org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
>
> with :
>
>         The servlet initialization argument "properties" was
>         not found. Please, make sure Cocoon is able to find
>         its configurations or it won't be able to execute correctly.
>
>         A template for such configurations may be found in
>         the file "/bin/cocoon.properties" in the distribution.
>
> OK, but the property is given in the web.xml file as stated on the
> web site.
>
> Due to the fact, that also the SnoopServlet is NOT reporting any
> initialisation parameters (foo-bar), I believe that this is a problem
> on the (tomcat) servlet runner side...
>
> Any idea?

First, try to keep these mails on the cocoon-dev list, as I can't answer
them all on my own (nor do I want to) ;-)

Second, as long as you have the web.xml in the correct zone, it will
work.  Is your web.xml in your <tomcat-root>/examples/WEB-INF
directory?  If it is, then post that file to the list (not as an
attachment, just cut and paste) so we can look at it.

-Brett