cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sitemap?
Date Tue, 21 Dec 1999 14:24:35 GMT
Gerard van Enk wrote:

> > > 2. Can I chain XT processors?
> >
> > yes, put the <?cocoon-process type="xslt"?> PI in each file to trigger
> > the next xslt transformation. not the perfect solution, but I'm coming
> > with a sitemap proposal tomorrow. stay tuned.
>
> Any news on this proposal, or did I miss it?

No, my fault.

During the sitemap development, I was caught into the XML inheritance
proposal (see general@xml.apache.org) and I was driven sideways.

I've written it on my whiteboard. It's all there and it stands all my
attacks.

Unfortunately, without XML inheritance, it's very verbose, but IMO a
good place to start.

Current known limitations: it's one global cocoon configuration file
written in XML. This means that you have can control everything from one
place. Separation, at this point, is done with external entities, XML
infosets or XInclude (at least, in theory), but it's prepared for
inheritance extentions.

The distributed control is not yet clear in my mind and .htaccess-like
behavior will be carefully taken into consideration.

For now, read the following mail and let's discuss that....

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.