cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brett McLaughlin <bmcla...@algx.net>
Subject Re: Using Cocoon from other Java code (very long)
Date Sat, 18 Dec 1999 15:19:13 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Brett McLaughlin wrote:
>

> > > What do you think?
> > >

> > I think you're the man ;-)
>
> :) thanks.
>
> > So can you commit those diffs (or parts of
> > them) so I can start using this stuff?
>
> Right away.
>
> > I don't want to commit examples
> > to Turbine until everyone can use a Cocoon that works with them... since
> > we aren't doing the larger Hashtable changes, and it's just a Engine
> > change, maybe this could get into 1.6?  It would really help newbies at
> > Turbine to be able to use a full release, rather than have to get Cocoon
> > from CVS...
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Let me know if there is anything else I can help with to get this going
> > (or other help, too)
>
> I will don't worry. You might be the next to get CVS write access and
> deserve the brett@apache.org mail address :) how'd you like that?

Bring it on... my "passion" is integrating technologies and frameworks
(Turbine and Cocoon have become my favorites), and with Java Apache and
XML APache trying (in my mind) to begin the process of creating a large
uncoupled architecture that people can use in almost any situation (plug
in Cocoon, unplug Freemkarker, plug in ECS, unplug XT... etc) it is
exactly where I want to be... I would like it a lot ;-)

-Brett, just dying to have to set up another e-mail address ;-)