cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hello from the VRML world
Date Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:13:00 GMT
Jeff Sonstein wrote:

> just a heads-up to the cocoon-dev list...
>
> we are working on making the next version of VRML
> [the Virtual Reality Modelling Language]
> be an XML-based spec
> and there are a few of us from the VRML world (aka X3D)
> who are going to see if we can get cocoon and related s/w
> to run on the x3d.org/vrml.org server and do fancy things  ;^}
>
> I've been lurking for a bit
> trying to get aware of what is going on
> to prep for this effort
> and I anticipate some more folks from VRML joining this list
>
> please be patient with any seemingly-dumbo questions you get
> from us poor addle-brained 3D junkies
> as we try to make this work  ;^}
>
> cheers
> jeffs

Holy shit! Welcome on board!!!!!

Gee, did you know that created Cocoon almost to do exactly that? Yes,
people, the first person who asked "what is this Cocoon stuff?" (I think
it was Pier) I told him: "think about it: you can have VRML graphs and
HTML tables from the same XML document."

Yes, man, I've been dreaming of a "real" use of VRML since day 1 I heard
about it (when I was writing my 3D engine for demos in x86 assembly that
was killed by 3D acceleration boards :(

Anyway, I'll be _more_ than happy to add X3D examples in Cocoon when you
have them.

Happy like a baby :) (3D was my hobby before java and the web :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.