cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brett McLaughlin <bmcla...@algx.net>
Subject First example of a non Cocoon application easily using Cocoon
Date Thu, 16 Dec 1999 19:50:25 GMT
All-

	This is a follow-up from using Cocoon from other applications.  I am
including two new examples, that hopefully will get committed to Cocoon
with my earlier changes.

	This gives a simple example of how Cocoon can be used from a
"third-party" application, such as Turbine.  You should note a few
things:

1) This is an extremely clean interface.  Couldn't be any simpler!
2) All you need to import is org.apache.cocoon.Engine which I think is
also very clean.
3) I have two different ways of creating the XML shown:
   a) Using StringBuffer/String - this is uncommented since it is most
common.  It also
      doesn't require the use of ECS
   b) Using ECS and XMLDocument.  This way is _so_ much easier.  ECS
really makes things
      like this nice.  You should check it out - uncomment the imports
and use it!

I also included a simple Producer, that either prints out the parameters
given, or returns the output include in the parameters, jsut to give an
idea oh what can be done.

All in all, I think this is how we can make Cocoon as common as the
little fuzz you find in your jeans pockets all the time (??)

Comments?

-Brett