cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Error Handler
Date Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:17:20 GMT
CHRISTOPH.OEHLER@SBB.CH wrote:

> --- Erhalten von  I0.U150033 0512 20 5221                16.12.99 08.10
>
> >> Sounds good ...
> >> just one question: can then the webserver return a wml-error or
> >> html-error depending on the user agent??
> >
> >No. The web server will just return a static error page, I'm afraid.
> >
> >But we can discuss further extentions to this operation in the future,
> >of course.
>
> What happend to the idea of implementing a ErrorHandler-interface. With
> that everyone could plugin the desired handler?

I took a deep look at that and I find it a critical patch: what if the
error handler interface is not present or some other errors happen, who
"controls" the "controller"?

we could have three layers:

- normal operation
- error that doesn't prevent XML/XSL operation -> ErrorHandler
- total nasty error -> sendError(500);

what do you think?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.