cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Different Processors
Date Wed, 15 Dec 1999 14:03:34 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, James & Sue Ann Birchfield wrote:
>
> > We have a servlet interface for talking to LDAP's using JNDI, and I can see
> > a nice implementation of a processor.  As far as the MailProcessor, I was
> > thinkong it would be as simple as the SQLProcessor is for connecting to a
> > mail server something like:
> >
> > <serverinformation>
> >  <mailserver>my.mail.com</mailserver>
> >  <username>Jim</username>
> >  <password>foobar</password>
> >  <protocol>pop</protocol>
> > </serverinformation>
>
> Wow, that's really kinda brilliant, I hadn't even thought about hooking up
> cocoon as a mail client.

Yes, brilliant idea to have a webapp that wraps out mail resources. This
is the same Jetspeed idea and would be really helpful for our mail lists
to provide a web access, something like an Apache web portal for all the
information resources going on in its projects.

Of course, Cocoon driven :)

> This does bring up a question that should be addressed now before we get
> too many dynamic document processor entities. Should each processor claim
> a namespace and only operate on tags that exist in that namespace?

Yes, we should define something like that.
> It would make it harder to step on each others' toes if we did so.

Totally, that's the namespace idea.

> How would
> the page author choose the namespace that is associated with SQLProcessor
> if they didn't want to use the default?

What do you mean?

> Or is this something that will be addressed by XSP?

I'm thinking about having the content namespace driven with a
configuration map that applies XSP logicsheets to the different
namespaces so that something like this would make sense:

 <page xmlns="page.dtd"
       xmlns:util="apache.org/cocoon/utils"
       xmlns:xturbine="apache.org/turbine"
       xmlns:xqul="apache.org/cocoon/sql-processor">

  <title>Hello, you've requested me <utils:count/> times.</title>

   Your shopping cart is currently: <xturbine:shopping-cart/>

   Your data is: <xsql:query>select * from Data</xsql:query>
 </page>

and then you XSLT-style it.

What do you think?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.