cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Different Processors
Date Wed, 15 Dec 1999 13:48:08 GMT
James & Sue Ann Birchfield wrote:

> We have a servlet interface for talking to LDAP's using JNDI, and I can see
> a nice implementation of a processor.

That makes perfect sense. I'll be _very_ happy to include it into Cocoon
when you have something working (and with a decent XML-ized doc :)

> As far as the MailProcessor, I was
> thinkong it would be as simple as the SQLProcessor is for connecting to a
> mail server something like:
>
> <serverinformation>
>  <mailserver>my.mail.com</mailserver>
>  <username>Jim</username>
>  <password>foobar</password>
>  <protocol>pop</protocol>
> </serverinformation>
>
> Possibly embedding support for diferent folders and such...

Did you take a look at JetSpeed under java.apache? It would make much
more sense, in my vision, to port the entier JetSpeed as producer or
srtip parts of it. Anyway, integration is the key.

Let's hear more comments on this.

Brett, did you follow JetSpeed recently? What's the status of the
XTurbine port?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.